Saving water is not only about cutting down shower time or washing your vegetables in a pot. There are other surprising but simple ways to conserve water. We have listed some:
- Designate one glass for your drinking water each day, or simply refill a water bottle. This simple step will reduce the amount of water you use for washing dishes.
- How many times have you thrown away the water you have left in your bottle or cup? Water your plants using the leftover to conserve water.
- After washing your clothes in the machine, collect the grey water in a bucket and use it to mop the floors or clean the mirrors in your house.
- When you clean your fish tank, use the water you have drained to water your plants. The water is rich in nitrogen and phosphorus, providing you with a free and effective fertilizer.
- Instead of using running water, fill a bowl with an inch or two of water to rinse the razor when shaving.
- Place a bucket or a basin beside you while showering. The water you collect can be use for flushing or mopping your house.